So I was going to post about how I haven’t been posting and how I should start. I was going to make a list of things I need to do. On my blog. Like you guys want to read that.
Still a list, but not a to-do list.
- Learning the Rorschach and how to score it. It is approximately the most awesome part of my program so far. Okay, maybe a lot of parts feel like the most awesome part, but this one really is cool. I had this impression that it was sort of dated and not used often anymore and not very useful. But actually the scoring system is intricate and sensitive.
- No, I won’t test you. Any of you. But I can refer you to people who will.
- It is SO windy and miserable here. It’s really bad for my hair. Like, really bad. It’s an everyday frizz-fest. My sister “borrowed” my straightener. My sister is in Beijing.
- I’m thinking of going to Beijing for a little trip between spring and summer semester. I still don’t know when one of my finals is, though. GW isn’t that good at those things.
- Long distance relationships are not fun, but this made me happy today:
(from here; no idea who Jill and Matt are, but I like them and hope they are wholeheartedly enjoying eternity)
- Whoa, what happened to six?
- The above invitation makes me want to start counting the miles racked up in my long-distance relationship so far. Not that it’s a competition or anything. But 19,908 is the answer, including trips I would have made anyway (Thanksgiving, Christmas).
- Speaking of trips, over the course of 53 weeks I have taken no fewer than 36 flights. I’m sorry for my carbon footprint.
- I’m feeling old lately. I spend a lot of time on a college campus. Undergrads are so…. baffling. I joke sometimes about wearing my favorite black velour pants (“borrowed” from my sister) in public. Last week I saw a girl with hot pink velour pants tucked into her Uggs. And she looked more fashionable than I did, somehow.
- I’m not the only one who is feeling old lately.
- I would like to point out that I was an early adopter of Uggs. I got my first pair in 1996 and people at school made fun of me for them.
- Of course now that I’m old I don’t have any. And I don’t tuck my jeans into my boots. Because my jeans are still bootleg. Are bootleg jeans the high-waisted, tapered leg jeans of this generation? Do I look old? Sigh.
- I have a friend who is having her fourth child, she announced today! Isn’t pretty much everyone having a baby this year? It seems like they’re almost all girls, too. Girls are totally the best.
- I’ll have four degrees, I guess. Which seems even more excessive.
Love from our nation’s capital. Where spring is allegedly very nice.