I LOVE Portland! Pretty much everything about it. God. Wow.
- Melissa’s adorable former-warehouse apartment near the railroad. (Melissa is my #1 tastemaker in all things musical and literary. We also have the same purse.)
- Daryl’s beautiful house.
- Fall colors. In Denver I feel like we missed this — the leaves started to turn, and then we got that early freeze/snow/ick, at which point they almost all turned brown and crispy while still on the trees.
- Butternut squash risotto.
- Powell’s (of course)
- HOT drinks. I’m totally bringing these to Denver: pear hot toddies (pear brandy) and cowboy coffee (coffee with kahlua, tuaca, and frangelico, served with a sugared rim). And the bars we visited, The Liberty Glass and the Doug Fir, were both worthy of favorite-ing (especially the former — adorable).
- Noah and the Whale. What a cute bunch of talented guys.