=== Things I’m Tired Of ===
- Bedbugs. Obviously.
- Paranoid itching. You know — the psychological itching that comes whenever someone mentions “lice” … when you think (with near certainty) that something is crawling on you, even though it’s just your own sensitive skin.
- Sensitive skin.
- Being away from home. Though my alternative “home” for now is quite comfy, nothing is ever as “home” as home.
- Conversations that are actually battles, in which at least one person is a blaring television with his or her incessant talking, and I can’t get a word in if I want to. After not very long I give up, just take it in, relatively responseless, which is uncomfortable in its own way.
- Social awkwardness. Social anxiety.
- Being CCed on e-mail that I don’t care about. Also: e-mail listservs (they make the problem significantly worse!!). Also: the spelling of “listserv.” Who ever thought of that? Why do we accept it still, if we’re not talking about the brand-name software? Related: Starbucks renaming small, medium, large. Because they could, and saying “venti” is more exotic than saying “grande” is more exotic than saying “tall.” Or so I suspect.
- Most e-mail that is not personal in nature.
- Waking up too early (5 is too early), followed by an epically long day, followed by sleepiness at 10 or so, followed by extreme awakeness again at 12, 1, 2.
=== Things I’m Not Tired Of ===
- Moments when I look at the people around me and they are all so uniquely, astonishingly beautiful I get emotional.
- The physical feeling of empathy — either skin chills or a knot deep in my abdomen — a sensation that’s becoming a bigger deal as I get older, I think.
- Good, give-and-take conversations, in which each person understands another better.
- The light in my apartment.
- Lengthening days.
- Amazon.com’s daily mp3 deals. Today it’s Lily Allen. I have a deep, semi-secret love for the music of Lily Allen.
- Music, in general. Wow, I love it.
- Books, reading them. Just finished #37 for the year — only 15 to go, and still 20 weeks to go. Cake. Time to break out some longer ones, I think. (Brothers Karamazov, for example)