A Short Kind of Long List, Specific to Tonight:
- Not being able to breathe
- Sinus headache / fuzziness
- Unfinished conference presentation (getting there, though!)
- Nearly complete ignorance of a few things for the last week. Longer for some. In every realm of my life (personal, academic, professional) (to quote a colleague, “It’s okay! No one’s dying!”).
- Georgia State’s e-reserves and their legality called into question
- Fair Use. Copyright. Contracts. Faculty needs. Budgets. Being only one person.
- Hemineglect (so bizarre!)
- A collection of Grace Paley stories called Enormous Changes at the Last Minute
- Not knowing how to return a phone call to someone’s British cell phone from my office phone, feeling like I’m blowing her off (and her name is so cool! It would be such a shame!)
- Pondering the difficulty of setting meeting times for four people
- Googling my #1 high school crush to find out that a.) he is a pastor, and b.) his head seems to have grown, while his eyes have not, resulting in awkward beadiness
- Realizing I haven’t seen him in about a decade
- Realizing I’m much, much closer to 30 than 20
- Feeling like a bit of a disappointment.
- Generalized fretting
- The BNSF trains and their insistence on blowing their horns all. the. way. through. town. (I know, it’s for the greater good).
- Disappointment in the drowsiness effects of TheraFlu (or lack thereof)
- Ooh — chatting with a long lost friend on the other side of the world (where it’s a reasonable hour!)
Notable things not keeping me up:
- Flowers today from mom and dad! At work! With little pussy willow branches! Yes!
- Spring is lovely and volatile
- Rainy days ahead